The NSW Government will host a roadshow across regional NSW in July 2019 and August 2019 to explain new non-urban water metering rules that are being rolled out over the next five years.
NSW Minister for Water, Housing and Property Melinda Pavey said 12 regional information sessions and a webinar will be delivered by experts from the Natural Resources Access Regulator (NRAR) and Department of Planning, Industry and Environment - Water.
“We’ve heard from water users that they want clear rules and we’re delivering a robust water metering framework to better manage the use of water in NSW for current and future generations,” Ms Pavey said.
“Since 1 April (2019), all new non-urban water meters being installed must be accurate, tamper-proof and auditable. From 1 December (2019) all surface water pumps 500mm in diameter and above will need to comply with the new rules.
“The Water Metering Roadshow is an important opportunity for regional water users to learn about the new rules, when they will come into force, and how they will be affected.
“Water is a precious resource and we all need to work together to ensure it is properly managed.”
Locations, dates, timings and links to register for the regional roadshows are listed below. For those who cannot attend, a webinar will be held on August 1 2019.
The sessions will also be an opportunity for the community to provide feedback on proposed minor regulation changes.
Water users are also encouraged to use the recently launched online Metering Guidance Tool to help them determine if they are required to comply with the current metering framework, and if so, what they need to do to comply.
- Moree - Monday 15 July 2019, 10:30 AM – 1:00 PM, The Max Centre, Level 1, 30 Heber St
- Narrabri - Tuesday 16 July 2019, 10:30 AM – 1:00 PM, Crossing Theatre, 117 Tibbereena St
- Dubbo - Wednesday 17 July 2019, 10:30 AM – 1:00 PM, Western Plains Cultural Centre, 76 Wingewarra Street
- Bourke - Thursday 18 July 2019, 1:00 PM – 3:30 PM, Diggers On The Darling, 23-25 Sturt St
- Lismore - Tuesday 23 July 2019, 12:00 PM – 2:30 PM, Lismore Workers Club, 231 Keen Street
- Menindee - Thursday 25 July 2019, 12:00 PM – 2:30 PM, Menindee CWA Hall, Perry St
- Wilcannia - Friday 26 July 2019, 10:30 AM – 1:00 PM, (Venue to be confirmed) TBC
- Albury - Monday 29 July 2019, 12:00 PM – 2:30 PM, Commercial Club Albury, 618 Dean Street
- Deniliquin - Tuesday 30 July 2019, 1:00 PM – 3:30 PM, Deniliquin RSL Club, 72 End Street
- Wentworth - Wednesday 31 July 2019, 1:30 PM – 4:00 PM, Coomealla Golf Club, 42 Kookaburra Drive
- Webinar - Thursday 1 August 2019, 11.30am - 1pm
- Gloucester - Monday 5 August 2019, 12:00 PM – 2:30 PM, Gloucester Soldiers Club, 32 Denison Street
- Tamworth - Tuesday 6 August 2019, 11:00 AM – 1:30 PM, Tamworth Services Club, 199 Marius Street
- Condobolin - Monday 12 August 2019, 1:30 PM – 4:00 PM, Central West Farming Systems, 1 Fifield Road
Source: NSW Government